Wednesday 24 February 2016

The Primer I swear by - Smashbox's Photo Finish

The Smashbox Photo-Finish Primer is the second primer I've ever used. I once got a tester in a magazine and after one use - I knew I needed it in my makeup drawer asap!

Priced at £25.50, or you can get a cute travel sized one for £12.50 - a good bet if you're up for trying it out. 



The primer itself is a sort of water gel, which you apply across your entire face and immediately you can feel the difference. Which I find so much better than other primers as it's such a pain having to wait for your primer to sink in before starting your face.

Instantaneously it's like a soft sheet of perfection has wiped across your face, removing all bumps you may have, allowing your foundation to sit flawlessly on your cheeks. 

It works wonders at holding makeup on. I trialled it out last Wednesday: applying a full-face of makeup at 9am, and by 7pm - after a stressful morning of Public Affairs and a sweaty netball game later, my makeup had stayed in tact - I may have wiped an eyebrow off, but I was super impressed with the results!

I've had this one since Christmas and as you can probably see from the image, there isn't a noticeable difference in the amount left. 

I'd say I have dry-combination skin, depending on my skincare routine, but at either end of the spectrum I find that the primer performs beautifully each time. If you have particularly dry/oily skin, I believe Smashbox also have targeted primers for such skins - which I'm sure are just as good as the Photo Finish Primer.


Price - 8/10 - pretty pricey but then I'd say it's worth it as it lasts agesss!
Packaging - 8/10 - I'm a big fan of being able to see how much is left.
Product 10/10 - It's faabulous daarling!

Love Rosie

xx

2 comments:

  1. I've had the tester a few times from magazines and every time I go to buy a tube they're sold out, but it is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no! Boots in Newcastle always has them, maybe worth a look there! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox