Wednesday 25 September 2013

My trip to the V&A Museum!

Sculpture in the foyer
at the V&A
Yesterday I went to the Victoria and Albert museum in London with Textiles, as our annual trip to find artist connections to link with our projects! Here is how our day went: 

7:30 met at school, all eleven of us plus three teachers piled on to the school minibus.
11:30 after three hours of traffic, we finally reached Cockfosters, to take the tube into London.
 
And it was my first ride on the tube! The way there was lovely, we all had seats and a carriage to ourselves. But I must say that in my head, I imagined it cleaner! 

At 12:20 we arrived at the V&A, and after having our bags searched (yes!) - we were in!!
We had two and a half hours to roam around before we had to meet back at the 'bum' statue (yes, a marble statue of legs and a giant bottom!) 

  So off we went, firstly touring around the fashion and textiles exhibition, here are a few pictures of the garments I chose for my artist connections: 

Crocheted Lace Dress
Givenchy Baroque Dress
Lacy Collar
I must say the prices there are extortionate; a friend of mine paid almost £6 for a small baguette sandwich! However it is free to get in - which is amazing considering how big the place is and full of cultural artefacts.

I would honestly love to go again, without having to rush. Then I could take my time and wander around at my own pace (haha – I sound like an old granny!) but it would make a lovely day out (minus the travelling) and I could easily have spent a good hour wandering around the V&A shop and with Harrods just a ten minute walk away – you can’t go wrong!

We spent the rest of the day in the cafe and getting lost! Here is a beautiful picture of the garden in the V&A - it's so picturesque! 


I would 100% recommend you to visit the V&A, there is something for everyone!

Don't forget to check out my Instagram page for more exciting pictures from my day out!

Until next time my darlings, 

Love Roseanne
xx




2 comments:

  1. I love going to the V&A so much! Cute blog, just started following you :) x

    www.witty-woman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And me too - I just wish I lived nearer so I could go more often! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox