Saturday 24 May 2014

Flapper Girl

Yesterday was my LAST EVER DAY AT SCHOOL. i.e sixth form. And i can't believe it. It seems like five minutes ago when joined sixth form,  as the only girl from my old school, hoping to make friends and settle in nicely - BUT that was almost two whole years ago!

As they say "Time flies when you're having fun!" and it certainly does! I'm so thankful to all the people at Sixth form that have made these past two years so wonderful. I've met some amazing people that I hope to remain best friends with for life. Because honestly, I think school is one of the best times of your life and you should really put the effort in and enjoy it because it will soon pay off.

Ok. Enough with the soppy bit... and on to our outfits *woop woop*! For our leavers day, it's a tradition to go out in style, so we all dressed up (hey why not? You only leave once right?)

My best girlfriends and I dressed up as our favourite fashion eras and I was twenties (of course!)

Here is what I wore:



Crochet Dress: TKMaxx
Shoes: Primark
Bag: Cath Kidston 
Headband: River Island

Honestly, this was such a fun fancy dress day - I really enjoyed getting ready and being a flapper girl for the day. The dress I wore was an absolute treasure from TKMaxx, it was just so pretty and lovely, I really hope that I can find an excuse to wear it again.

Hair and Makeup
For my hair, I curled it then tucked it under and pinned it up, into a twenties style bob cut, and added a sparkly headband. I was so proud with the way my hair turned out, as a few people actually thought that I'd cut my hair off! And as for makeup I did a light smokey eye using different shades of brown. Along with a red lip, I used 'Burgundy' by GOSH Cosmetics.

Here is a picture of our group:


Left to right: Nicole 70's (she did have skates on at one point), Me 20's, Emma 60's and Frances 50's.

Make sure you check out Emma's blog too! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! If you've done any fancy dress blogposts - be sure to leave me a link below and I'll be sure to have a good read.

Good luck with all your exams guys, stick to it - you can do it!


Lots of Love,

Roseanne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox