Friday 9 May 2014

April Beauty Favourites

Hey Dolls! Welcome back (or just welcome if you’re a new reader!) Right, I know what you’re thinking -  where have you been, why are you neglecting us? So let’s address that first… 
 I am super duper sorry about my normal weekly schedule being messed up, it’s getting to exam season now, and I had my A2 French Oral exam yesterday and I have four more exams to come (eek). So bear with me at the mo, and hopefully I’ll be getting back to my normal schedule soon!

Right, now that’s all out of the way here are my April Beauty Favourites (*jumps for joy*)…


The reason I’d left it so long to post this was because I was waiting for my new Real Techniques Core Collection brushes to arrive, and if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that they came yesterday.. and it was totally worth the wait! This morning I applied my foundation with the pointed foundation brush and it honestly goes on  a lot easier than before! So I'm really happy with that purchase. I got them online at LookFantastic, and there is discount with Unidays so I got them for £17 as opposed to £21, which is quite a deal considering they sell individually for about £10.

Secondly, we have my first ever MAC purchase. The 'Studio Fix Fluid' Foundation - mine is in shade NW10 and praise the lord it matches my skin tone! I used to always have trouble finding a foundation light enough for my skin, that wasn't too streaky or pinky - but alas, I have found it. This is basically a medium/high coverage matte foundation, so if this is the kind of look you'd like i'd highly recommend it!I have started applying this with the RT pointed foundation brush, which is really great with this foundation.

Do you use mac foundations? Can you relate to my paleness problems?

Next is the Healthy Balance Matte Powder from Bourjois. I absolutely adore this powder foundation, as it has such a smooth finish on my skin. I usually only wear this by itself, if I'm not doing much or just nipping to town - when I don't need my face on (hehe!) It's great for the natural look, which I tend to adopt regularly. Mine is in the shade  'Vanilla' and I will definately be repurchasing this item!

Moving away from beauty items and on to hair products, my latest hair styling must-have is the VO5 'Plump it Up' Mousse. I use this on towel dried hair and work in from the roots down. The mousse itself is so light you can hardly tell it's in your hair, as some mousse's (haha 'moose') can leave your hair heavy and sticky.

Last but not least is the Soap & Glory 'Scrub of your life', and oh my it's goood! First of all, the exfoliating scrub bits are pink (yes, pink) and secondly it leaves your skin feeling super soft and silky, without being too harsh or rough. I thoroughly recommend this product and have already purchased my second tub bottle tube(?) 

Do you like any of these products? If you liked this post then be sure to leave me a comment below, I'll be sure to reply as soon as possible! 

Lots of Love,

Roseanne xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosy, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Of course I don't mind you asking- my clutch is from New Look, and it was an absolute bargain- I think it was under a tenner?! I only got it a few weeks back so it'll still be floating around in stores! Also- why haven't I got any Real Techniques Brushes yet?! They're definitely on my shopping list xx

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! It was lovely! What a bargain hehe I might treat myself to t soon :-)
      Yeah, I only just got them too, thought best to start off with the core collection, and I love them - they're so soft! Xoxox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox