Wednesday 8 April 2015

Getting Involved at University - Netball

Hey hey hey! Sorry it’s been a while, but I’ve only just got back from a fabulous week in Salou on tour with my netball team; which you may already know if you follow me on Instagram. And then it was bank holiday weekend so it was very busy. 

But you’ll be happy to know that I am finally back and settled at home in Derby, so let the blogging commence…

After spending last week in Spain with the netball girls it made me realize that joining netball waaaay back in September was probably the best choice I’ve made since I joined the University of Sunderland.

I’ve met some fabulous girls (all tens obvs – private joke! hehe) and they have made this year absolutely wonderful. Now I’m back at home for two weeks which means I’ll be missing two classic Wednesday nights out with them, which are always brilliant sheerly because they are such a lovely group of girls.

Netball has been such a brilliant outlet away from the stress of uni, to unwind and just play sport. Along with all the social and personal benefits too.

Last week on tour in Salou was so so fun and it inspired me to write a little short but sweet post about it. I really encourage you all to join a team when you go to university. Even if it’s not a sports team – because there are hundreds to choose from (from quidditch to languages!) each with their own thing that you can get involved in.

Tour takes place every year and almost all the universities in the UK go away somewhere with each team. Basically you go away, tan (some do - I just burnt my nose) drink cocktails, play sport and dress up in funny costumes whilst partying it up with your team. We did Harry Potter, Disney and Farm Animals this year and it was hilarious! 


Farm Animals Fancy Dress!

Harry Potter Cast Fancy Dress! 

Honestly, I think without it, this year would have been so boring. I always look forward to a training session, even when it’s fitness (gasp!) and I always relish in our Wednesday matches away because at the end of the day, it’s really just a trip away with my friends, in which we just happen to play some netball.

They are my team win or lose and I honestly don’t know what I’d do without them!

So here’s a big shout out to all my netball girls – I love you!

Do you play any sports? What teams are you on? Do you feel that same sense of unity with them? Let me know in the comments below!

Lots of love,

Rosie
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox