Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle.







The Alexander McQueen dress!



What I'm wearing: Coat - Vintage Rosette / Skirt -
Urban Outfitters / Shirt - Primark / Bag - Mary Portas /
T-Bars - Primark / Sunglasses - H&M



Last Thursday I was lucky enough to score a trip to the Bowes Museum in Durham to see the Birds of Paradise Exhibition.

The trip was organised by my lovely course leader Julie, and it truly was a fantastic day out. We were even able to meet and speak to the museum's fashion and textiles curator Joanna Hashagan.

The Birds of Paradise exhibition was amazing. I'm even saw the Alexander McQueen White Swan Feather dress IN THE FLESH.(See Pictures) It was in a glass cabinet but hey-ho. 
I can't express how beautiful it was to lay my eyes on such an extravagant dress. My friend Beth and I had a fabbity fab time exploring the castle and the grounds. We took some lovely photos on her snazzy camera too, which turned out pretty well since the weather was glorious for once!* Do be sure to check out Beth's blogs too here and here, and give her a cheeky follow!

*:Blogger Problems: Your outfit is always on point when the weather is crap and photos aren't even an option. 


All in all it was a fabulous day and I'm so happy to be able to share it with you all.

Love Rosie 
xx

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea this was on at Bowes, it looks amazing though! You look lovely, I love your skirt

    Rebecca
    http://www.gingerecstasy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you rebecca! It was a sneaky sale find, down from £38 to £12! Xox

      Delete
  2. Rosie! I'm so glad you did this post! I'm so jealous I wish I could have come with you! Your outfit looks lovely! See you soon honey, lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! And me too hun, we'll have to go together sometime! Thank you very much! 😘 and yep I'll see you soon my lovely xoxox

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mention sweetie, was a fun day out! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bother my lovely! It was fun hehe! 😘 xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox