Sunday 28 July 2013

Confession : Magazines

I have a confession to make. Fashion Magazines are my nemesis . . .



In total, this month I have bought 5. Coming in at £18.45! If it weren't for my Vogue subscription (cheers Santa!) I would be skint penniless! But isn't it worth it though?
They are so sly with their beautiful covers, bright colours, high fashion models sporting the new trends AND let’s not forget our favourite style icons! Silently pulling you towards them, knowing your purse will suffer, yet inside you tell yourself ‘It’s worth it! I can do this!’ You hand over the cash to your local newsagent, full of joy and happiness that when you get home you can pop the kettle on and sit down with a lovely cup of tea and a great mag!

·       So, here is what I got:
·       Vogue Paris
·       Vogue
·       Elle Collections
·       Elle
·       Company

I have been on the lookout for ‘Vogue Paris’ for the last three months and finally found it just yesterday! I am doing A-Level French and I think reading French articles really improves your knowledge of the language and I love to see the difference between the Paris and London trends!

Vogue has been my go-to fashion magazine since I was 13, and I still love it! The articles are only the best and have all my favourite models/actresses and writers all in the one book. This month’s cover star is Freja Beha Erichsen wearing a Céline turtleneck sweater. She is so beautiful!

Elle Collections is wonderful! It features a pull-out newspaper of the new fashions, a sleek street-style by only the top photographers and (my favourite) THE SHOWS! 39 pages of the most up-to-date fashion shows, including Saint Laurent, Comme des Garcons and Lanvin.
(Look out for my upcoming post on Elle Collections!)

Elle. I don’t normally buy Elle on a monthly basis. I only ever get it if there is a certain article I want to see. This month my sole reason was Pixie Geldof (cover star) and the Alexa Chung page!

Lastly Company! I think company is best for high street shoppers, and the special issues such as the high-street edits or the fashion blogger issues are really good!

What fashion magazines do you read? Have any comments? Pop them in the box below J


Love Roseanne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox