Monday 6 January 2014

DIY Gifts

For Christmas (2013) I tried really hard and was able to make lots of presents for my friends and family. I found some great ideas that I have experimented with and now, I would love to share them with you!

I do realise it is still another 11 months until next Christmas, but I didn’t want to post this before I gave my friends and family their gifts, just in case they saw my blog. And that would have ruined the surprise!
But I’m sure you could adopt these ideas for birthdays and use them as general celebration gifts as they aren’t specific to Christmas.


 The first things I made were these three pin cushions! I bought a pack of cath Kidston squared fabrics – the perfect size for the job, I then inserted the fabric into these pretty photo frames (I got these at The Range) and I glued the fabric to the frame, put some wadding in the back and hey presto, you’re done! These are so simple to make and you can personalise them by using your own choice of fabrics!


Another present idea I used this year, was to personalise mugs! I found this idea on pinterest and had to try it! First you can buy some  simple white mugs (I got mine at ASDA) Then with a black sharpie draw your design on to the mug. (if you mess up, it can easily be removed with nail varnish remover!)
Then pop it in the oven for about 25mins on gm4 to seal your design - also glosses them too which looks good.  My friends really appreciated the personal touch, and it doesn’t take much time to make either, which is great!


Lastly, are these two zendoodle frames I did for my Mum. She loves elephants and giraffes so I thought this would be a lovely present. I also bought these frames at The Range. 
I found simple pictures of the animals, and drew they outline and the eyes in, then instead of following the picture I doodled in them! It was so fun to do and my Mum really loved them!

I think DIY Gifts can be really special, and I hope my friends and family will treasure these gifts and remember the present was from me :)


Did you DIY any presents this year? How do you like mine?


Hope you all enjoyed this post!

Love Roseanne

xx

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox