Saturday 25 January 2014

IT by Alexa Chung

After a long anticipated wait, I received ‘IT’ by Alexa Chung for Christmas. And having being woken up at 6:30am by my extremely excited 12 year old sister, I was able to read the whole book before work at 9:30am.




Alexa Chung is and always has been a great style icon to me. I adore how she switches between a tomboy grunge style and girly girly outfits. And amazingly, she rocks both! In the book Alexa makes reference to her habit of ‘shoving mud on them (converse) so they don’t look squeaky clean.’ Which I’m sure we can all understand, as lived in converse are the best.


‘IT’ is like little snippets from diary, some things are totally random, like the becoming abomination of social networking and Jeremy Irons’ floppy hair, to how to deal with heart break, and Alexa’s own style icons, who range from Wednesday Addams to Anna Karina from ‘Une Femme Est Femme’.

I would thoroughly suggest this book to you if you are interested in learning more about Alexa Chung, or if you just want a giggle. There are cute little illustrations too, like this one (below) which reads ‘I have started putting my nail varnishes in the fridge but now there’s nowhere to put the butter.

I really enjoyed this book, and since Christmas, I must have read it at least 6 times! IT is great for fashion inspiration, with lots of pictures of styles Alexa likes to adapt. It’s a great reference and a really good read for any budding fashionista, and I hope that if you weren’t too sure before I may have changed your mind!

How do you like this book? Have you read it? What do you think of Alexa’s style?


Love Roseanne
xx


P.S … I’m really sorry my posting has been a little abnormal recently, I’ve just had two weeks of A level mock exams which I have been stressing over and it’s safe to say my teachers are burying me with extra school work, so bear with me, and I’ll promise to not forget about you!

Unit next time, au revoir mes petits xox

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I may have to invest in this :o love your blog!
    followed <3
    flowercrownsanddaisychains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's so worth it! Thank you my lovely! Xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox