Saturday 15 February 2014

Visit to the British Library + OOTD

 On Thursday, I hopped on the coach to London to visit the British Library with my English Language class, in order to have a little tour and go to a lecture on women’s liberation.

All in all it was a great day out, (even though I did almost miss the coach.) We stopped off at St.Pancras station to have a look around the shops, which was a bit odd, I was hoping for Covent Garden but hey ho! The shops there are cute, there was a lovely bookshop and a cute little Cath Kidston , but I must admit, it was an odd stop for us ‘tourists’. But we were early, so I guess St.Pancras it was.

At the library we were given a tour by a lovely, but very enthusiastic lady called Irene, who took us to see the archives, where we were able to see the original Alice in Wonderland (!), Shakespeare’s Quartos and Jane Austen’s personal journal, aged 13, recounting the history of Britain.

We even got to meet Jacqueline Wilson, who you will hopefully recognise as the famous author of ‘The Story of Tracy Beaker’ and many more! As a matter of fact, she was to be interviewed there, but she agreed to have a few photographs with our group before she left. It was lovely to meet her; she was so sweet and looked just as she did when I used to read the books!

The feminist lecture was really interesting, and the curator who presented it gave us some insight of the extent of historical records and information available on their website, which I will most definitely be making use of to help with my Extended Project.


Here is what I wore for the trip:

Top - Primark
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Necklace - Belonged to my Granny
Tights - Pretty Polly
Shoes - Primark
Watch - Coccinelle
Phone case - Cath Kidston

Me and my wonderful friend Katie outside the Library
My Coat - Miss Selfridge
My Bag - Cath Kidston
Katie's Coat - Topshop
Katie's Bag - Vero Moda

My Nail Varnish

With Jacqueline Wilson
We all had a lovely day out, and meeting Jacqueline was the cherry on top of our day!

Hope you're not letting this terrible British Weather get you down, 


Love Roseanne
xx


P.S . I have no clue why my hair looks so red in this picture, as I just dyed it brown again, to get rid of the red tinge, but oh well, lets just say 'it's the light'.

Contact Me:
 Twitter - @roseanne_sophia
 Instagram - All_Things_Rosy
 Bloglovin - bloglovin.com/allthingsrosy
 Or right here! (Comment below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox