Tuesday 28 October 2014

October Favourites

This month has been pretty intense for me. It’s crazy to think that I’ve been a university student for over a month – it’s gone so fast but at the same time I feel like I’ve been here forever.

I’m finally getting into the routine of things. As it took me a while to settle in to the timetabling as mine isn’t the best due to the fact I’ve taken an additional French module – but enough of that! You don’t need to hear my winging!

I thought I’d share with you some photos of what I’ve been getting up to over the last month as I really have been super busy!


Netball
Upon starting university, I knew that I really wanted to join the netball team. I’ve been playing since I was 10, and it’s just become the norm. I love it and it’s a really good way to have fun whilst keeping fit.

Honestly, I think joining netball was the best decision I’ve made so far since moving here, as the sessions are really enjoyable – though I’m always knackered after them. And I’ve made some really good friends through it – I’m really looking forward to the Wednesday night outs for the sports clubs because the girls I’ve met all seem lovely. We’ve already been on two trips away together, one to York for a varsity and one to Leeds – so we’re all really comfortable with each other already - it’s great!
Baking

I’ve always been a keen baker but I’ve never really had the chance to bake/cook myself as living at home with 5 others you basically had to book out the kitchen if you wanted to use it because ours isn’t the best layout. But here in halls, I still share with 5 others, but three tend to go home on the weekends and one works, so I basically have the kitchen to myself if needs be, which I have been taking mighty advantage of! So far I’ve made scones, a Victoria sponge, pancakes and cupcakes (which my flatmates call ‘buns’ – weird right?)



Layering


Living up ‘north’ has its perks! The cold wind is almost unbearable some days here, especially having to walk across the Wear Bridge every day, so layering up is a must. I’ve really enjoyed picking out my favourite pieces and layering them up to keep me nice and snug on my walk to uni.



Working


I’ve had quite a bit of work to do too, with weekly homework’s, French work and two big assignments due at the end of this month – I’ve been up to my knees in work. And to top it all off my laptop has decided to say ‘au revoir’ and break down. So I’m in the process of getting a new one but I’m trying to put it off as the thought of spending that much money in one go scares me!


Exploring

My flatmates and I have made the most of living in a new town and often go exploring around the city. This week we found another cute tea room which was absolutely adorable; and a cute vintage shop! Then last Sunday we e went to the 'Sunderland Illuminations' show at Roker park by the beach, where there was an amazing lights show of Alice in Wonderland themed characters and items - the toadstools were my favourite!

What have you been up to this month? Be sure to let me know in the comments below, or leave me a link to your blog as I'm always on the lookout for new bloggers to follow!


Love Roseanne
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox