Sunday 31 May 2015

May Favourites - Beauty and Lifestyle!

I finished uni just over two weeks ago and since then I have to say I've been rather busy between social events and working at Costa. 

I've had a fantastic month so to say and with it being my last month away from home, I have my May favourites for you seen as they'll probably change once I'm home!


Beauty

Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water. I bought this little gem in Whitley Bay last week when I was staying at a friends, when I forgot to take cleanser with me. So I took that as the perfect opportunity to try this out. I''d seen lots of good reviews for it, praising Garner for their fabulous creation, and I have to say I do indeed agree! It is soft on the skin and wipes away makeup and dirt hassle-free (no need to scrub away!) Priced at £4.19 (Boots) it's an absolute bargain - it's even cheaper than the Simple Cleanser.

Revlon's Pink Nude 900 Nail Varnish

This is the nail varnish that I've been looking for my entire life. (Well, maybe not my ENTIRE life, but you get the jist!) You know how everyone has a different shade of nude that suits their skin tone, well - this is mine! It's a pale peachy colour which drys quickly and looks lovely on - Revlon also have many other nude colours, so if this one isn't for you, have a look on their stand, I'm sure you'll find yours.

Mac's Peach Blossom Lipstick

I'm not really a makeup kind of girl. I mean, I'll wear foundation and a little mascara during the day and maybe if i'm going out I might even splash out and wear eyeshadow. But all in all, I like to keep things simple.
I bought this lipstick a while back and haven't used it in ages, but since finding it rolling around the back of my 'all-sorts' drawer, I've used it almost everyday and I really like it. And to top it all off, it even has a vanilla-ey sort of taste - yum!

Lifestyle

Running. Recently I've had a real health kick. I don't know where it's come from and I'm not gonna be going all 'Jillian Michaels' on you, but I am starting to really enjoy running. So much that I'm setting my alarm for half eight, to go for a run before work - I KNOW, weird right?


I haven't ever been a runner. I only started going for the odd run late last year after starting uni up in Sunderland. But more recently, i.e. over the last few weeks, I've really got my butt in gear and downloaded 'Map My Run' (highly recommended!) to track my progress and so on and so on. 
I'm not doing it for any specific reason, other than to run. It's a good way to clear your head, for me anyway, and if there are also health benefits then so be it.

Book - Gone Girl

Ok. I admit, I'm pretty late to jump on the bandwagon with this one because it's been out so long. I mean they've even made the film version by now.
But not so long ago, I went to town on my tod and before popping into Caffè Nero I realised I didn't have a book to read, so I picked this up in WHSmith and I literally haven't been able to put it down since. If you're behind, like me, then I'll give you a little summary: It's about a man named Nick, who comes home on his wedding anniversary to find his wife, Amy, gone. If you had't guessed by the title of the book Amy is Gone Girl. The book follows the search for Amy as Nick picks up on clues she has left for him. 
I haven't finished it yet, but I also don't want to give anything away, but I'd really recommend it if you like thrillers or crime novels!

That's all my favourites for this month, if you share any of these favourites let me know in the comments below, or if you just fancy a chat you can tweet me @roseanne_sophia ! 

Love Rosie,
xx

P.S. I've changed the title of my blog back to Le Blog De Rosy, what do you guys think? I just thought it might be confusing that the title didn't match the web address! 

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Gone Girl, but I wish I'd read it before I saw the film because now all the twists are ruined. Still it sounds amazing!

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really, was it good? I'm only half way through the book but I think I'm gonna see the film once I've finished it.
      Rosie xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox