Thursday 11 June 2015

Day-Tripping in York

Yesterday my wonderful friend Lucy and I got up bright and early, and by early I mean 8am haha (!), and we hopped on the train from Newcastle for a lovely day out in York.

Before yesterday I'd never been to York, only through it, or to YSJ for netball, so I was really excited to go!

We started the day right with a cheeky Costa from Central Station. My new favourite is the Summer Fruit Iced Tea - it's so perfect for summer - cool and refreshing! 

We had such a fabulous day roaming around the city. The Shambles were my personal favourite: pictured below. We went to a tea room, for cocktails in Kennedy's, for lunch at The Golden Fleece; York's most haunted pub, and of course shopping, where I may have treated myself to a new Cath Kidston bag, oops!











Martini's at Kennedy's

York Minster




All in all we had a fantastic day, it was such a good last trip together before we don't see each other for a while, since I'll be going home this weekend.

York was beautiful. If you haven't been make sure you go. It's totally worth the trip! Everywhere is so so pretty and there are plenty of independent shops to visit! Next time I'll make sure to visit the museum, as it was unfortunately closed by the time we got round there yesterday, but hey-ho, as if I needed another excuse to return eh? :)

Hope you're all enjoying this magical weather England has gifted us with these past few days!

Love Rosie 
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love York, it's so lovely there! I'm going next month for a day out and can't wait. Looks like you had a great time, such pretty photographs too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is! Oh have a fabulous time!!xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox