Tuesday 16 June 2015

24 Hours In Edinburgh!

I spent this weekend in Edinburgh, and although I was only there a mere 24 hours I had the most fabulous time, and I'd love to share with you, all that we got up to!

Basically we decided to go since my Mum was up in Glasgow on Friday visiting family, and since the drive back from Glasgow -->home would've been a good five hour drive, I decided to meet her in Edinburgh after work the following day.

My Mum and her childhood friend, Ann, met me off the train at Edinburgh Waverley and from there we went to All Bar One for cocktails to celebrate our reunion and my Mum's birthday, which was only last week! 

Ann and I!
Drinks in All Bar One

From there we headed to Filling Station for more drinks and food, which was so so yummy - I'd never been before but I'd recommend 100% trying it out if you're lucky enough to have one near you. The food was delicious!

Then finally we went to TGIFriday's for one last drink - 'The Ultimate' and yes, that is what they call it and my, oh my, it was huuuuge!

Cocktails in TGI's and yes, that is popping candy!
Overall we had a fabulous night on the town, it's such a beautiful city and thanks to Ann, I may be visiting again very soon.

The next day, we had breakfast at the hotel and left rather early to go the National Museum, where there was lots to see. The animal exhibition was my favourite - they had everything!




Next on the list was shopping!! And to say I was treated would be an understatement. But it all went to a good cause (me hahaha) but to be fair, I needed new jeans, right? I mean my old ones are worn and holey!! So really that doesn't count, right? Yes? Ok then!



After we were all shopped out we had a cold drink in Costa and a little snack in the café at John Lewis where we both had 'the biggest cream scone ever known to man.' I couldn't even finish it, it was so big. And now, looking back, I'm disappointed because mmmm it was delicious!

Hope you enjoyed this post! Do let me know how you'd spend 24 hours in Edinburgh, what would you get up to?

Love Rosie 
xx

2 comments:

  1. Drinks looks delicious! :)

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were hehe! Thanks Elwira, I'll have a look xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox