Wednesday 25 June 2014

W7 In The Buff - Naked Dupe

Today I wanted to share with you one of my most recent discoveries and by that I’m mean makeup! So, for a while now I’ve had my eye on the Urban Decay makeup palettes. I'm sure that you'll have heard of them, as all three have been popping up all over the blog-o-sphere recently.  But personally, as much as I love them, I couldn’t bring myself to spend £38 on an eye shadow palette.

So, several weeks ago, it was my Mum’s birthday and she had asked me for a natural coloured eye shadow palette that was possibly shimmery too. So refusing to spend £38 on the urban decay palette, I scoured the net to find an alternative – and I did.




I bought the W7 In The Buff – Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette for only £4.80 on Amazon.com.  I was so impressed with the price – I bought an extra for myself and I am extremely impressed with the turn out of this palette! I think this a direct dupe of the Naked 2 palette, as the colours are very similar.

.
I took two photos; one inside and one out, so you can hopefully see the light shining off all the different shades.

In ‘In The Buff’ there are three matte shades; a ‘buff’ cream, (I use this as a base) a lovely light ‘chocolate’ and a black called ‘onyx’. I was really happy with these three as they are quite thick rather than crumbly which makes it easier to mix with the other colours.



Then there are 8 other shimmery shades which I also really like, with ‘Silk’ being my favourite (above). So overall, I am absolutely dazzled by this palette, and its quality most definitely surpasses its price. Having never used the Naked palette, I couldn’t personally compare the two, but you can see how similar the colours are – even the layout.


The only negative thing I could say about this palette would be about the brush it comes with which is quite cheap and simple. But being only £5 you can afford to use others, or even buy a new one.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to save their purse from screaming, and at just under £5 – isn't it worth giving it a go?


I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think, especially if you've use the Naked palettes before.

*Since I wrote this post W7 have released a Naked 3 dupe called 'In the Nude' (amazon link) so if you  prefer N3 - I'd definitely recommend this as they're great quality!


Love Roseanne
xx

p.s: just in case you were wondering, my Mum loved the palette too :)


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh wow, this is so good to know! I've been wanting the Naked palette for ages, but just like you I couldn't bring myself to pay so much for it. Might give this one a try ;)
    xx
    Fashion Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's so worth it for the small price of £5 :) glad you found this post useful :-) xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox