Sunday 27 July 2014

The British Tag!

I first saw this tag on Essie Button's youtube channel, and really enjoyed it, and I thought it’d be a good one to try since I am, well.. British! Although I do believe it was created by Sammi from The Beauty Crush, you can check out her video here



#tbt to the Alice in Wonderland cushion I made last year, I thought the quote was appropriate!              

So here goes . . . 


1.         How many cups of tea do you drink daily and how many sugars?
Hmmm, I’d say on a good day 5 and bad day i.e. a stuffy day, 3. But my record is 9! Yes I luuurve tea. I don’t have any sugars, and usually just add milk, but I do love a good cup o’black tea.

2.         What is your favourite part of a roast dinner?
The Yorkshire pudding. I mean, can you blame me? They’re so yummy, and even have the word ‘pudding’ in the title. I rest my case.

3.         What is your favourite dunking biscuit?
Hands down; the Rich Tea Finger. Nom nom nom! However, I would like to add that it does take a lot of skill to dunk with these biccys as they do break rather easily, but no bother, I have lots of experience hehe!

4.         Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Picnicking! I do love a good picnic, and is this a typically British pastime? I don’t know? But either way picnics are great, especially in summer with your friends and family.

5.         Favourite Word?
 Ooh I have a few! I like the word 'bumble' which means 'to wander aimlessly' (as a verb). I also like the word 'agapé' which is greek, and represents the type of love shared between friends. And my favourite french word is 'étoile' which means 'star' - just in case you were wondering.

6.         Cockney rhyming Slang.
         Thanks to ‘The Logo Quiz’ game I now know that ‘Toblerone’ means ‘on your own’.

7.         Favourite Chocolate/Sweet?
I’m not such a big fan of chocolate but if I had to choose one it’d be the ‘Milkybar’ mmm white chocolate! And I guess my favourite sweet would be those bubblegum flavoured cola bottles that you get in pic-a-mix bags.

8.         What would your pub be called?
The paintpot. I think that’s quite cute, don’t you?

9.         Favourite British Person.
Of all time: Audrey Hepburn. Of the moment: Cara Delevingne (or Prince George - what a cutie!)

10.    Favourite shop/restaurant?
I’d say my favourite British shop would either be ‘Cath Kidston’ as it’s so original. OR it would be Harrods – because who doesn’t love Harrods?
My favourite restaurant would most likely be “Frankie and Benny’s” but I don’t think that’s British at all.

11.    What British song pops into your head?
Well I’ve had ‘Dog Days are Over’, by Florence and the Machine, in my head all day so let’s go with that!

12.    Marmite?
Unsure. I've never actually tried Marmite, although I have tried Marmite crisps but I wasn't too keen.

And that’s all for today! I hope you enjoyed this post just as much as I did. I tag Megan from Megan's Little Blog, Emma from ImagineLaceDragons and Alice from Alice's Wonderland, to do this tag as I'd love to see their answers. Make sure to check out their blogs too, because they're both lovely!


Ta ta for now,

Love Roseanne
xx

6 comments:

  1. Hey, i'm loving your blog - the design, the posts and your style in general. SO i've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog!

    http://katyjjo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award-thank-you.html

    LOVE THIS TAG!

    Keep blogging,
    Katy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you - it means a lot! And yay thanks! I'll be sure to answer your questions asap, but it might take a little while for me to find who I want to nominate! Xox

      Delete
  2. 9 cups of tea!?! That's insane! We don't drink much tea in America, but you probably knew that already. :) love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Well I probably drink more than your average Brit anyway! Thank you so much 😊 xoxox

      Delete
  3. I drink so much tea, so I can relate to you on that :) I usually have about five cups lol. Now I have Dog Days Are Over in my head haha

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha finally someone who agrees you can never have too much tea! Ooh sorry about that hehe xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox