Thursday 15 January 2015

The Vampy Lip Edit

A friend of mine is always rocking a bright red lip and it really suits her – I always think it makes her look just that little bit more edgy.

She inspired me to explore new lip colours, so I said goodbye (for now) to my Mac Peach Blossom, and gave the darker lippy a try.

I love it. No way to describe it other than that. Dark lipstick is the bomb.

It’s don’t know about you, but when I’m wearing lipstick I feel so much more confident than I do without it. Especially when it’s a dark shade – it’s so bold and eye-catching.

Here are my top six vampy lippies:


 Left to Right: Calvin Klein ‘Desire’, Rimmel London ‘Starry Eyed 128’, Topshop ‘Wicked’, Rimmel London 09 Lasting Finish Kate Moss, Gosh ‘Burgundy’. Below: Topshop Lip Cream in ‘Smart’.

Colour Swatches - Same order as above.

Lip Pencils - Rimmel Lasting Finish & Saffron
Wine Lip Liner
Do remember though, that the prep for applying lipstick is just as key as the application itself. Use a lip pencil as a marked guide around the edge of your lips then colour them in and then apply your lipstick on top. 

I've found that for best results, using a lip brush is really effective. You end up wasting less lipstick and you can layer up as much or as little as you like until you achieve your desired look/shade. 

What is favourite lipstick? Do you prefer dark to light? 
Let me know in the comments below - I love hearing from you all!

Mwah! 

Love Rosie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox