Thursday 29 January 2015

My Favourite Makeup Brushes

Over the last few years it has become increasingly obvious to me that the brushes that you use to apply your makeup are almost as important as the foundation you choose – and if you get it wrong, it won’t sit nicely or look right.



So I’d like to share with you my favourite makeup brushes, what I use them for and why I’d recommend them.

Foundation
To apply my foundation (liquid) I use these three brushes:
- Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush.
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
- The Vintage Cosmetic Company Foundation Brush.


I use the smaller foundation brush first to apply foundation underneath my eyes, which i find really easy to blend in with this brush because it's so small and delicate.

Then I move on to the pink foundation brush, with which i put the foundation on my face in five spots: my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. I will then blend the foundation in with this and finish blending with the expert face brush - which is without a doubt, my favourite makeup brush. It has very tight bristles, but they're really soft and short, which makes it soft on the skin and makes blending much easier than it would be with a regular foundation brush.


 Powder
To apply my powder foundation I use the 'Vintage Cosmetic Company Powder Brush'. It is extremely soft and doesn't pick up too much foundation, I highly recommend - a brilliant powder brush. And it is pink!

Eye Makeup & Brows


For my eye makeup I use:
- Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
- Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
Again, they are both really silky on the skin and just the right size for your eyelid when  applying eyeshadow. I also find that when using these two it speeds up my time spent on eye makeup just because they're so easy to use!
Then for my brows, I use the Real Techniques Brow Brush. This is most definitely the best brush out of the eyes starter set, it has a sharp distinctive shape so it's simple to use to define your brows in whatever way you like.

These brushes are all available at your local Boots store - if not online at The Vintage Cosmetic Company and Real Techniques.
Also, I suggest you have a look on Ebay, which is where I picked up the purple starter set for only £9!

Do you use any of these brushes? What is your favourite makeup brush?

Hope you're all having a lovely week,

Love Rosie
xx

4 comments:

  1. It's soo true! I used to use the wrong brushes and my make-up never applied nicely.
    I love the real techniques expert face brush for foundation.
    I need to check out the other ones too

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The expert face brush truly is a miracle worker! Same, I want to try their complexion sponge next! xox

      Delete
  2. This post is super helpful, It makes me realise why my makeup doesn't stay LOL, please check out my blog
    www.populairelife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw good to hear! Hehe, thanks for visiting! x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox