Saturday 3 January 2015

Five Boxsets to get into in 2015

Happy New Year my lovelies!

I hope you all had a smashing time welcoming the New Year on Wednesday night! I spent it with my cousin Jessica - we went out for a few cheeky cocktails then sat watching the fireworks at home with a glass (or two) of Prosecco!

Anyway, I have a wonderful post for you today, with five box sets that I’d recommend to you after enjoying them myself! After all, it’s 2015 now, so why not try something new?



1.      Orange Is The New Black – follows the life of Piper Chapman, an uptown New Yorker, who finds herself in prison after her past catches up with her. Now she resides in a women’s prison full to the brim with interesting characters. You’ll find out each inmate’s story and background too, which I found really interesting. And it is so addictive! I started a few weeks ago and have finished both seasons already. But beware – there are quite a few sexual scenes!

2.      Pretty Little Liars – also known as the best TV show on earth - haha! It follows four young American girls, who are reunited after they receive threatening texts from someone known only as ‘A’, following on from their best friend, Alison’s, disappearance a few years ago. At first they think it’s Alison playing with them, but as they dig further, it becomes a whole lot more intense as they try to catch A in the act. And there are five seasons so far, so get to it! (and guess what – it’s now on Netflix!)

3.      Downton Abbey – a period drama set in 20th century Britain. The series tells the story of the Crawley family and their servants as the world around them changes definitively. Well worth a look at – even if it is just for the dazzling costumes.

4.      Gossip Girl – follows the lives of a group of wealthy teenagers, living in Manhattan, as they are terrorized by a social media fanatic known only as Gossip Girl. She (or he?) spills everyone’s secrets and shares the best gossip with all of Manhattan. It’s amazing! If this hasn’t convinced you, try google-ing ‘Chuck Bass’ and you’ll be convinced in no time!

5.      Friends – does this even need explaining? Friends is on this list because it’s basically a right of passage for every teenager. And it never gets old! (And it’s now on British Netflix, so you’ll always be able to find your favourite episodes!)

I’m aware that some of these shows ended quite a while ago i.e. Gossip Girl and Friends, but they’re classics! And it’s never too late to get into them now. You never know, you might love them if you don't already.


What is your favourite series? Have you seen any of these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

And if you do try out any of these five, let me know your thoughts on twitter – I’m at @roseanne_sophia!


Love Rosie
xx


P.S. A big shoutout to my fabulous flatmate Rebekah who is so so kind as to letting me use her Netflix! Mwah thanks honey pie! x

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you to!

    I've spent all my Christmas holidays watching friends!
    I'm very keen on pretty little liars, it looks like such a good watch!

    Kelly from | DayDreams & DaisyChains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Friends is brill, and isn't Pretty Little Liars just amazing? Hehe I'm determined to get more friends into it so we can chat about it! Xox

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox