Monday 28 October 2013

Un aventure à Kedleston

Earlier this week I took a day trip out to Kedleston Hall with my Mum to take pictures of the neo-classical Baroque stylings there for my Textiles project. 
Honestly I have never seen such a beautiful house (more like castle!) 
Sometimes I wish that I was born in the early 19th century so that I could have lived in a grand chateau with its own church, stables and 100 acre land!

I would most definitely recommend Kedleston for a lovely day out – there’s even a cute little café at the end! Here are some of my pictures from the day:








Being the huge book worm that I am – I was mesmerised by the extent the trust had gone to, to keep the books so clean and pretty. Each book cabinet or bookcase was organised alphabetically or by topic. There was even one whole room dedicated to poetry! I found an original copy of Dante’s Inferno and the Divine Comedy even several editions of the dictionary - it was extraordinary, just a shame I couldn't sneak a peek.

Here is my outfit for the day
(sorry I don’t have a better picture):






Collared Shirt - River Island
Burgundy Cut Out Top - Next
Jeans - Topshop
Tan Brogues - Office
Side Bag - Cath Kidston (Of course!)


Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin for weekly updates!

Until next time mes amis,

Love Roseanne
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading each and every one and i will reply as soon as I can! Make sure to leave me a link so I will be able to check out your blog too! Love Rosie xox